5 Drugstore Lip Moisturizers Review
Lip Moisturizers Review
Our Lips are extremely thin and contain a thin outer protective layer. As the body ages, the already thin layer becomes thinner. To make matters worse, our lips are not like other skin on our body. Our lip skin does not have sweat or sebaceous glands. Without the usual protective layer of sweat and body oils, the lips dry out faster, become chapped more easily and can age faster than other areas of the skin.
Using lip balms the right way can be tricky but worth it, the best kind is one that moisturizes and is free of chemicals and basically all natural. These will retain moisture effectively; thus avoiding your lipstick looking crusty. Well, many of you are wondering “What’s the best drugstore moistuizers?” The question should be, what IS the best moisturizers for the lips. And what ingredients are good for your lips? But remember, you will not achieve beautiful healthy lips by just using a moisturizer, you must exfoliate to remove the dead skin for vibrant lips.
Below are some drug store brands, a MLM brand, and I also talk about DIY (Homemade Lip Moisturizers) that work just as good. You can keep lips hydrated and healthy throughout the year by exfoliating your lips regularly AND using a good moisturizer for your lips. You will never worry about them feeling stiff or crackly.
If you are looking for lip treatments in winter OR you already have very chapped red lips, you should look for something that is thick and protects your lips from the wind and the elements.
And its even better to find a product that covers your lips with enough moisture, so you do not have to keep reapplying every 10 minutes. Some of the best known or most popular brands, such as Carmex and Blistex, are always effective, however a couple of lip balms that also work as well will increase the color of the lips (tinted), and they smell pretty good too!
But remember, you can have the best lip moisturizer in the world, but if you don’t exfoliate your lips, you won’t achieve the beautiful lips you deserve.
I hope this article provides you with enough information to take you through the winter months without any problems.
GREAT! DIY Lip Moisturizer And Lip Balm Video
DYI Exfoliating Lips Before Moisturizing
Removing the dead dry skin will make your lips more beautiful. Using a “very soft” tooth brush technique is a good DYI technique; rub in circular motions on your lips.
Exfoliating in the corners of your lips are just as important. Makes your lips feel like BABY Butt!
There are also more advanced ways to exfoliate your lips by using exfoliators that use beads in them.
Keep reading and you will learn more about it.
Reviews On Different Lip Moisturizers
Cushy Lips Lip Plumper and Lip Balm
Cushy Lips Lip Plumber basically frames your smile, but the best thing is that it offers moisturizers to prevent cracked lips. The lip balm also has an SPF 15 which is necessary to prevent cracked lips. This lip balm is tinted and has the added benefit of being a Lip Plumper too. The separate lip gloss allows you to give your lips an extra boost of shine throughout the day, for added attention grabbing power and shine.
Burt’s Bees lip balm with peppermint oil is perfect to soothe dry or cracked lips, and provides enough moisture to keep lips from peeling. The lip balm also has an SPF 15. Burt’s Bees is a also tinted lip balm with the same protection, and it also has some varieties of eucalyptus oil to ease the lips and prevent and heal cold sores. This lip balm has medicinal properties in it.
Chapstick and Blistex
Brands such as ChapStick and Blistex capstick have also brought new varieties of treatments to the lips with fruit extracts, natural oils, and tones and colors to suit a variety of skin tones. Chapstick now has a line of lip balms with mango, peach, strawberry and extracts and flavors, and Blistex lip stain drug therapy can be used as a lipstick or a gloss.
Lips Balms by Jane and Bonne Bell
More cosmetic lip balms and treatments, in particular by Jane and Bonne Bel, give more color variations and a variety of flavors. These lip treatments are popular for spring and summer. All Jane cosmetics contains natural ingredients such as fruit extracts and jojoba oil, which removes dead skin cells and makes your lips softer. Its basically a lipstick to go, but Jane’s glosses can be worn alone.
Bornne Bell lip balms and glosses are vitamin E and Aloe Vera enriched, which regenerates the skin, lips and give lips a healthy glow. Some of the Bonne Bell lip glosses AND most of Jane and balms have SPF. Make sure the SPF is at least 15, so that your lips are not dry and chapped. SPF may also help prevent cold sores and fever blisters – even if they usually occur in winter, moisture and nutrients that apply to your lips may lead to ulceration at any time of year.
IDol Lips Lip Plumper & Lip Moisturizer
This is more of a cosmetic type of lip moisturizer; however not only does it moisturize the lips, it has the added benefit of being a lip plumper. The lip moisturizer does not come tinted, it only enhances your current lip color. Although this lip moisturizer is priced higher than the others, the benefits are far greater.
Do-It-Yourself Lip Balm
The video above introduces you to making your own lip balm that really works just as good, if not better than store bought lip balms. All you need is a small container, a mixing bowl, petroleum jelly and a color pallet from your own makeup. Watch the video above to get all the details.
Mary Kay Satin Lips Set
This is a kit which includes a Lip exfoliator and a lip moisturizer; contains no fragrances. unlike other products above, this comes as a kit. Satin Lips® Lip Mask effectively exfoliates dead surface skin cells that cause lips to appear dull and lifeless, preparing them for the best application of supermoisturizing Satin Lips® Lip Balm for soft, kissable lips.
Where can you find most of these Lip Moisturizers?
All these products are very easy to find, most larger pharmacies have these on their shelves. Stores like Walgreens and CVS like Burt’s Bees, Idol Lips, Peptidee Plus and CushyLips, although Jane and Bonne Bell products are ready for stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Target.
Other Lip Moisturizers such as Mary Kay, can only be purchased by independent distributors. You would have to go to the Mary Kay Website and find a distributor near you.
Local pharmacies are specific to the products they carry such as these brands of lip treatment. And best of all, each lip treatment is less than $ 10 when sold separately; even the higher rated onces such as Mary Kay.
All of these products can also be purchased via the internet and delivered right at your door.
Other Resources on Chapped Lips
- Chapped lips
- Lips: text, images, music, video | Glogster EDU – 21st century …
- Plate Tectonic Reconstructions at UTIG
- Lips Quiz – Wishard Health Services
- Your Lips Need Protection – University of Rochester Medical Center
Related Articles on Lip Moisturizers and Lip Balms
- YouTips Forum Part Two – Help for Acne Pimples, Chapped/Flaky lips, Clean Makeup Brushes
- What Is The Best Moisturizer For Extremely Dry Lips?
- Skin Care Tips For Dry Skin
- Dry Skin Can Be a Flaky Business
- The Prevention and Treatment of Dry Skin
Other Articles on Dry Chapped Lips
Get The Facts About Chapped Lips
- Chapped lips are not going to disappear in a day, and missing even one day of treatment can drive lips back to dryness.
- Chapped lips can not only be frustrating and painful, deficiencies of some vitamins such as B vitamins may even make them crack.
- Chapped lips can cause a great deal of pain, especially if you don’t treat them right away.
- lips can also occur later in pregnancy as a result of increased blood volume.
- Chapped lips also expose nerve endings, where the herpes virus lives.
- Chapped lips are a discomfort frequently associated with the common cold.
- When the lips lose moisture, they can become dry, unsightly and painful.
- Chapped lips usually only require simple measures to hydrate the lips and prevent additional moisture loss.
- Chapped lips often appear dry and scaly, and they may feel tight and uncomfortable.
- Chapped lips may hurt or become cracked, and redness and swelling are also possible.
- Chapped lips have many causes and can occur in any season.
- Chapped lips and dry skin are usually signs that you need more B complex vitamins and Omega-3 EFAs in your diet.
- Chapped lips on a newborn are more than just uncomfortable; they can negatively affect feeding and sleeping and may lead to potentially serious infections.
- Chapped lips and blisters caused by dehydration usually start out with mild irritation or redness and worsen over time if you fail to remedy the conditions causing the dryness.
- Chapped lips are an annoying occurrence that can lead to lowered self-esteem, pain when talking or eating and even infection.
Facts on Moisturizers for Lips
- Lip moisturizers seal moisture in and protect your lips from dry air and cold temps.
- Lip Moisturizers are available in unscented, cinnamon/peppermint, citrus and tea tree flavors.
- The BETTER lip moisturizers contain no alcohols, no artificial fragrances, and no petroleum products.
- Lip Moisturizers come in five flavors: unscented , tea tree oil , cinnamon/peppermint , orange/cinnamon , and citrus .
- Using lip moisturizers can provide cooling, soothing relief to weather-weary, dry lips.
- These lip moisturizers help prevent water loss resulting in smooth, soft and creamy lips.
- For the Lip Moisturizers that are scented, select high quality organic essential oils imported from France which are distilled with low temperature and low pressure over an extended period of time.
- Select Lip Moisturizers made with organic Virgin Coconut Oil , Virgin Palm Oil , and organic beeswax.
- Hand-made lip moisturizers contain no alcohols, no artificial fragrances, and no petroleum products.
- From do-it-yourself lip moisturizers to over the counter products, there are many choices on the market and these numbers are just growing.
- When you use natural lip moisturizers, you can avoid unsightly and uncomfortable demises including cracked, bleeding, itchy flaking lips.
Coupons for Lip Moisturizers & Lip Balms
Recommended Brands of Lip Moisturizers
Peptidee Plus Lip Balm Lip Repair is the best lip moisturizer. Luscious Lips can be yours now with our Peptide Plus Lip Balm Lip Repair…
Fuller, firm moist & sensual lips are just a lick away.
An amazing renewal anti aging skin cream for lips that fills in those lip lines & smooths the dryness away.
Relaxes & reduces the lines with Acetyl Hexapeptide-3. Firms & rebuilds collagen with Palmitoyl Oligopeptide.
Idol Lips To get plumper lips is on the wish list of any woman who wants to feel beautifu. Get the Plump Lips You’ve Always Wanted!
To get plumper lips is on the wish list of any woman who wants to feel beautiful. Discover how Idol Lips can make heads turn and give you the confidence of a Hollywood star.
The Idol Lips Plumper uses the latest technologies to instantly plump, hydrate and moisturize for healthier, sexier looking lips.
Cushy Lips Lip Plumper and Lip Gloss Perfect, Sexy Lips are Just a Step Away!
There is not a woman on this planet who does not want full, sexy lips.
The number of cosmetic procedures performed every year alone is proof of this! We lust after celebrities who have a sexy pout, and we try to imitate it by being a bit too generous with lipstick or even resort to painful collagen injections.
Now, none of this is necessary anymore! You can give yourself fuller lips instantly with the CushyLips lip plumper and lip gloss.
This is a kit which includes a Lip exfoliator and a lip moisturizer; contains no fragrances.
Satin Lips® Lip Mask effectively exfoliates dead surface skin cells that cause lips to appear dull and lifeless, preparing them for the best application of supermoisturizing Satin Lips® Lip Balm for soft, kissable lips.